Monday, March 31, 2008

Cheese, Baby


I woke up today and realized that May is getting closer( note: c-l-o-s-e-r, I didn't say close or soon, but I am trying to pretend that better weather is just around the corner). What does May mean? Yes, the annual cheese festival is coming up. I remember that last year, I had a dilemma. Should I go to the cheese festival or should I go to University District Fair? Both events were the same weekend. Last year I chose the cheese festival but this time, I will try to make it to both.


Seattle Cheese Festival

May 16-18
Pike Place Market
There will be chef demos, wine tastings, cheese tastings and a mozzarella making demo at DeLaurenti.

The University District Fair
May 17-18
There will be lots of entertainment and nearly 400 craft and food booths.

Has anyone attended any of these? Please feel free to leave your comments.

3 comments:

Eat. Eat. Eat. Enjoy! said...

Oh *swoon* I love the Cheese Fest! Yes there are crowds, strollers, and pushy sample-hording freaks, but it's worth it. Last year, I think I had to give up after about 40 samples. So. Much. Cheese. But there are so many stinky, oozy, sharp, and local cheeses to try -- and many are sold for a bargain. It only costs a buck, so why not go?

Anonymous said...

I documented my 2006 Cheese Festival experience, I alos did it in 2007. The classes are the best part, the ability to truly try great cheeses is tough with the crowds. The classes give you an intimate setting with great cheeses.

Day 2
http://larryj.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!ED575A41D548081C!850.entry

Day 1
http://larryj.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!ED575A41D548081C!838.entry

Anonymous said...

eat, eat. 1 dollar, duh for sure,

Jordan, really enjoyed your posts specially the pics!