Thursday, April 10, 2008

Who the Heck Ratted on the Gypsy Chefs?

Okay, So I get this really sad email.
It goes a little like this............

Gypsy has been this magical place for many many people. New friends, new ideas, new love, a salon of creativity. But as with all things destined to touch hearts, evil waits to take it away. We have been betrayed. Gypsy as we know it was too scary a place to exist, so now it doesn't.
Someone ruined Seattle's underground dining scene. Gypsy was a private dinner club with some of Seattle's best chefs. You had to be a member. You had to be invited. It was a private experience and you had to be on the list.
Someone ended it. Someone said too much.
This makes me sad for several reasons. First of all, I never attended any of the dinners even though I really wanted too. I am so angry at myself for this.
Seattle foodies had a place to come together, a place to invest all the energies, a chance to prove to each other that Seattle has a vibrant food scene.

The email ended with a few kind words: And to the traitor to the clan we offer you this: May you never sleep well, may laughter sound bitter in your ears, and may food always taste like ashes to you...this is our Gypsy curse. You have destroyed a good thing.

I couldn't have said it better myself!

No comments: