Sunday, February 24, 2008
Pasta with Vodka Cream Sauce
This pasta is a favorite of mine. Vodka adds the tang that it needs. Perfect for a weekday dinner.
Three Words: Easy, Tasty and Creamy!
500 grams of pasta
1 and a half tablespoons of butter
1 onion (chopped)
1 and a half cups of whole canned tomatoes (diced)
1 tablespoon tomato paste
Fresh thyme (about 4 sprigs)
250 ml of cream
¼ cup of vodka
1. Heat oil and butter in pan. Put onion in butter and sauté until transparent.
2. Add tomatoes, tomato paste and thyme. Cook while stirring, until the liquid
disappears (about 10 minutes).
3. Add cream, vodka and Tabasco until thick ( about 3 minutes).
4. At the same time, cook pasta according to directions.
5. Mix with sauce and top with basil and Parmesan if desired.