Friday, July 4, 2008

Quinoa and Corn Summer Salad


The corn at the market was yelling "Keren, rescue me! Take me Home!" I couldn't look away. I took it home and experimented with some flavors.
This is the salad that saved the corn.
I just couldn't stop eating it!

Quinoa and Corn Summer Salad


2 cups of cooked quinoa (just cook according to package directions)
2 ears of corn
1 onion (diced)
1 jalapeno chili, seeded and thinly sliced
Juice from 1 lemon
Juice from 1 lime
1 tablespoon or more fresh sage
Salt

1. Shave the corn of the cob (just cut off with your knife)
2. Heat some oil in a pan and saute corn for about 5 minutes
3. Add onion and continue to sauté until corn is cooked. Add salt.
4. Take of the stove and mix with quinoa. Add all other ingredients and
taste. Add more salt if needed.

1 comment:

brandin + kari said...

I LOVE quinoa. And the corn has been screaming at me too!